Participants eligible for the study (who meet the inclusion criteria) are requested to complete 2 questionnaires.
All collected information will be treated as confidential and will be analysed anonymously.
Ethical approval will be obtained within the study by each participating country.
General and medical aspects
The questionnaire aims at collecting information on potential confounders of cataract:
- General information, such as age, gender, country of origin
- Medical information, such as
- Smoking habits
- Occurrence of specific diseases
- Occurrence of specific eye conditions or diseases
- Treatment for an eye injury or disease
- The use of specific medications
- Exposure to ionising radiation for medical purposes
Information about the occupational history of the subjects has to be collected for the purpose of dose reconstruction.
This questionnaire is divided in 4 parts:
- a list of interventional cardiology procedures
- a general description of the occupational history
- a part on individual protective equipment and individual dosimetry
- a part on interventional procedures (workload, specific procedure parameters, room protective equipment and type of x-ray equipment)